PUBG's Week 16 Update is Live
Fixes to revives and zooming, the starting airplane, and resolution settings, are in this latest patch.
Update: After passing through the test server, the Week 16 update for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is now live. Those using 4:3 resolution will find their inventories far easier to use and the immobile airplane issue has been fixed, among a host of other small bug fixes.
Over on the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Steam Community Discussion page, RoboDanjal has given us the next insight into what to expect in the Week 16 update for everyone’s favorite battle royale, PUBG.
One of the biggest changes comes in the form of revives and zooming, as well as needing to open doors that technically no longer exist because they’ve been blown to pieces. You can read the full patch notes below:
- Optimized Care Package airplane
- Improved UI performance
- Fixed an issue where the starting airplane became immobile in sky at the very start of a round
- Fixed inventory display issue on 4:3 resolution
- You can always spectate your teammate's screen in color now
- You can no longer fire weapons in a vehicle from underwater
- Fixed an issue when you could not pick up mags from some areas of the lobby (starting island)
- You no longer have to press the F key to pass through doors destroyed by grenades or Red Zone bombs
- Fixed an issue whereby if you got knocked out while zooming in with a scope, you won't be zooming in when revived
- Fixed an issue when grenades were not available to throw periodically
- Fixed an issue of armed weapon not getting displayed on HUD UI, when switching weapons with number keys while having inventory open
Interestingly, they have fixed an issue with 4:3 resolution when operating the inventory. It’s amazing to consider that people still use this resolution from the early 90s and 2000s, especially as we take another step toward beautiful games that support 4K, such as Destiny 2. Be sure to check out the previous udate, Week 15, as well as the Month 3 update for all previous fixes and freshly added content.