Start Times and How to Download the Destiny 2 Beta
Find out how when the Destiny 2 Beta starts and how to download it.
The Destiny 2 hype train is building speed and soon players around the world will be able to get their hands on it when the Destiny 2 beta starts. There a few different start times for the Destiny 2 beta, depending on your console of choice and pre-order availability. Read on to make sure you are ready for the D2 beta the second it starts.
Destiny 2 PS4, Xbox One and PC Beta Start Times
There will be two different Destiny 2 beta start times on each platform. One start time is for those who pre-ordered to get early access, while the other is an open beta for all.
Destiny 2 PS4 Early Access Beta Start Time
July 18th – 1:00 PM EST
Destiny 2 Xbox One Early Access Beta Start Time
July 19th – 1:00 PM EST
Destiny 2 Xbox One and PS4 Open Beta Start Time
July 21st – 1:00 PM EST
Destiny 2 PC Beta Start Time
August – TBD
PC players might not know when their beta starts, but at least Destiny 2 looks great in 4K.
How to Download the Destiny 2 Beta
Now that you know when the Destiny 2 beta starts, it is time to learn how to get in! If you pre-ordered online, a code should be emailed to the account that you used to pre-order Destiny 2. No need to freak out if you have not received yours yet, some retailers are later than others when sending out beta codes. If your Destiny 2 beta code arrives by the morning of July 18th, all should be well. If you pre-ordered Destiny 2 in a physical store, the Destiny 2 beta code should be on your receipt.
How to Get the Destiny 2 Beta Code
If you ordered your copy of Destiny physically or received a code to redeem on Bungie.net, you will need to return to Bungie.net before you can download the Destiny 2 Beta from your console. Make sure you are signed into the Bungie.net profile that has your Gamertag or PSN linked to it.
- Sign in to your Bungie.net Profile
- Click your Profile and select "Redeem Code"
- Enter the 9-digit code you received when you preordered
- Click "Redemption History" OR go to your Profile and click "Codes"
- Using the drop-down box, select what platform and region you wish to play on
- Accept the terms and your code will be generated
- Take this code and follow the next steps!
For those of you on PlayStation 4 who might not be in the Americas or Europe, you will need to be careful when selecting what Region. Those of you who are in Australia should select the European region, as the American region code will not work.
How to Download the Destiny 2 Beta on PS4
Once you have your code, turn on your PS4 and sign into your PSN account. Then follow these steps:
- From the home screen, select the PlayStation Store.
- While in the Store Menu, select the Redeem Code option.
- Enter your Destiny 2 beta code.
- Click on Continue and your download should start.
How to Download the Destiny 2 Beta on Xbox One
With your Destiny 2 Beta code in hand, start your Xbox One and make sure you are logged into your Xbox live account.
- From Home, hit the right bumper until you get to the Store.
- Underneath the Store Header is a Redeem Code option.
- Enter your Destiny 2 Beta code.
- The Destiny 2 beta should appear in your My Games & Apps, in the Download section.
You can preload your download on either console, which is a good idea so you do not miss out on any Destiny 2 beta time! The new subclasses will be playable in the Destiny 2 beta, including the Sentinel Titan and updated Voidwalker. Remember, time is running out for you to claim your veteran rewards for Destiny 2.