Friday the 13th: The Game PS4 Update Fixes Infuriating Matchmaking Times
Update 1.04 solves Matchmaking problems for PlayStation 4 players.
Friday the 13th: The Game has received a patch for its PlayStation 4 version in the form of Update 1.04. This patch seeks to address some of the issues that have been clouding the title since its launch on the PlayStation 4 on May 26th, 2017.
Fans of the game have suffered through numerous problems with matchmaking, often waiting lengthy periods of time before a match can be found. Over on the Friday the 13th: The Game’s Facebook page, the developer, Gun Media, has released a statement as well as patch notes for what is in Update 1.04.
Read: How to Earn CP and Level Up Fast in Friday the 13th: The Game
Addressing the improvements to matchmaking, Gun Media stated that they wanted to reiterate “very strongly” that, “matchmaking fixes are always an on-going process. Testing showed around a 4x-6x improvement in matchmaking speed; though we'll continue to monitor in the live environment.” This means that players should be able to find a match significantly faster than what they were previously.
The Patch Notes for Update 1.04 were included in the post as well:
- Matchmaking Fixes. Should decrease amount of time it takes to match-make.
- Added a Random option in the lobby.
- Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
- Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
- Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.
- Various fixes to the different glitch / hide / exploit spots
- Fixed issue where you have infinite stamina.
- Fixed a few areas where the player couldn't reach with Jason. Also fixed a stuck spot on Packanack.
- Fixed perk roller UI sometimes getting stuck if there is an error talking to the database.
- Fixed session heartbeat requests to be more resilient to service failures.
- Fixed character hair stretching at lower frame rate.
- Fixed Jason not always aborting the knife throw when stunned.
- Fixed a case where it was possible to get stuck in a knife throw.
- Fixed some visibility issues with the door interaction icons.
- Fixed some placement issues with dropped items.
- Fixed Jason's mask floating when knocked off.
- Fixed Jason not always cancelling shift or morph if they hit a car in reverse.
- Fixed an issue with the hiding spot exit code.
- Fixed Counselors potentially getting stuck inside of a wall if hit while climbing through a window at the perfect time.
- Fixed Rotate Minimap With Player not updating when changed until a map change.
- Fixed some host specific crashes.
- Fixed people being able to share settings save games.
- Fixes for DLC
Gun Media also made mention of the Xbox One’s update being currently in a testing phase with the internal team and that it will soon be delivered to Microsoft. Back on the PlayStation side, backers of the game who selected to have the Savini-Jason DLC should find it now available, with the Clothing Packs releasing later on in the day.
Read: All Counselor Stats
Now that Update 1.04 for Friday the 13th: The Game is live, players should be able to dive back into the role of a Counselor or Jason with relative ease. Hopefully now it’s not as difficult to find a game as it is to kill Jason.